April 21, 2007

Home, Again...

We made it back Wednesday afternoon and stopped in to see Aunt Barbie and Grandma at their respective places of work. I slowly started pulling things out of the suburban, which was packed full while the boys were excitedly pulling out ALL their toys that they hadn't seen in nearly 5 months.

My sweet girlfriend, Pam, came by with a bottle of Merlot, a loaf of artisan bread and some pesto for a little 'welcome home' toast and snack. Another friend swung by yesterday with her 2 youngest (of 6!:) and presented the boys with a fun bubble blower. We also spent some time yesterday at Kendra's, with her and her 3 boys. They were all happy to see each other again, we all were! And Mama Kendra had cupcakes fresh outta the oven, so that was a bonus! The boys have been playing most of the day today with our neighbor boy, they adore Robert!

The weather has been beautiful, and on our first night back in the king-size bed, I was awakened by a spring thunderstorm, complete with thunder, a bit of lightning and some pretty heavy rain. I smiled in dark of our room. We've even fired up the fireplace a few times, and it's as wonderful as I remembered it to be. Not that it's been COLD, mind you, but hey, when the sun goes down and everyone is fresh out of the tub, is there a better time to sit in front of the fireplace?

I'm feeling inspired to show our yard a bit of loving kindness this spring. We certainly don't have a pristine yard, by any means! We have a yard that gets used all day long. Evidence of busy little bodies abound throughout! However...I would love to plant some things, and just do some sprucing up. The boys will still have their little area of mud to play in, gotta have that! I'm sure I won't do much, I just feel the need to get my hands dirty, I guess. Maybe a bit of Sue and Steve rubbed off on me, with all of their gardening genius!

Well, we've mostly been playing in and around the house since we've returned. Had to do a few errands (which I did without the two bigs, who went with G-pa to watch a cousin at a track meet) to pick up some essentials like another espresso machine! How I love my daily breve...
Oh, and the boys have taken about a thousand baths in 3 days! I kinda knew that was going to happen! We're going to a friends birthday party tomorrow, and then Monday we have our weekly Mother's Collective get-together. That's about it from this tribe for now. Sage is snoozing on my lap and beginning to stir, so until next time... Namaste...

3 comments:

kelli said...

Welcome home to the midwest :)

I know I'm not real near you but welcome back.

Heidi Snavley said...

Oh, I was waiting for your blog to say that you were home. I'm sure it feels good to be home and a little weird too? It seems hard to believe that it's almost been a year since we were there, enjoying your yard with busy bodies all around- we had so much fun!

Anonymous said...

Welcome home, Karen and boys! You all sound very happy to be back in Rapid!