Days before we were slated to head west, we had a major switch of plans, last minute (in true Karen style). Because so many things kept happening, pointing clearly to the many and varied reasons not to go, I finally gave myself permission to change my mind. I discussed it fully with the boys, and they were ok with our decision. (I think it helped that they each were promised a crispy hundred dollar bill???) We're still planning on heading to Minnesota sometime next week (i think?) to hang out with John for a while. We're putting our house up for sale and have made an offer on another house in town. We weren't looking for a house, but this house literally *found* us. It's a duplex with a 1/2 acre yard. We'll be 'downsizing' in house living space, but gaining a lot in the yard, which the boys love.
Sage isn't crazy about the idea yet. And I'm sure all the rest of us feel torn, too, leaving this house. I know I do. It's a great house. Buuuuuuut, the way this is all working out, so effortlessly, so perfectly, I have to remind myself to trust in the Universal nudge that it's all meant to go the way it's going. There are many benefits to us making this move. I'm completely at peace with whichever way it goes; whether we stay or go, we'll be just where we need to be. It's a good feeling to be at Peace about it. In another time, I would have been consumed with the thought and done everything I could to force it. It's much better this way.
We're off to enjoy the warm, sunny day today on our bicycles. I'm sure we'll land at the pond in search of crawdads at some point. We've had gobs of rain lately, with more predicted tomorrow and Tuesday, so we'll be taking advantage of the sunshine today.
All Good Things...