May 20, 2011

Hard Day / Great Day

I had a rough day Wednesday I was very frustrated, agitated, belittled, and sad. What to do tried to get my mind right but couldn't. My day improved but it was still lingering. Vent to my gracious wife but still there. Fortunately I had a chance to go meditate at the Buddhist temple with Ahjuan. When you meditate sometimes your mind wonders all over the place and you can't focus but if you keep taking steady breaths and breathe in the bad and out with good. Ya I know it may sound strange to go that way but that is the way another teacher of mine had taught me " why would you want to put bad back into the world when you have the power to change yourself and your environment" I like that It seems to give me strength. Any way I was able to get on track and remembered what a friend (KP) had told me all people know good from bad. In this situation I was mad at someone that I felt was harming my integrity and couldn't speak my mind and be heard, that's what really got my goat. All people know good from bad why did this come into my mind. Yeah that's it I don't have to get all worked up, I don't have to prove myself, I know who I am and I'm happy with that. I don't have to tell the other person he's wrong, he knows good from bad.

What a relief the burden was gone and I didn't have to be a jerk about it I felt great. Meditation is such a powerful tool I think I will keep doing it. Ajhuan says you should meditate every day, I'm trying.

The root of Buddhism is the Four Nobel Truths, which states that there is suffering and we can rise above it by applying techniques which reduce our attachment and clinging to things, people and life itself.

"Happiness comes when your work and words are of benefit to yourself and others."
Buddha

No comments: