December 30, 2006

California Happenings

We're enjoying our time with John during his vacation. It's been so great having him home *all the time*. We're diggin' it! :)
So, we usually get up, have some coffee and hot chocolate, go outside and soak up some warm morning sun. The boys play, mom and dad tidy up the bus, and before you know it, it's 1:00 in the afternoon. The days fly by.

We went on a great hike today and we took some great pictures, but now can't seem to upload any to Blogger. I'm working on that one. Stay tuned... (I was able to upload them all to our flikr account, if ya wanna check them out!)

Before we went hiking, we stopped at Nature Health, a little healthfood store I found here just yesterday. I'm stoked, though, because she has a produce 'co-op' that you pay $5/month and get organic produce at her cost! I picked up a huge head of broccoli, 4 avocados, 2 mangos, 2 fat tomatoes, a big bag of celery and some cilantro for $9. Nice! What's nicer, is that she let me take all that food home, even without paying for it! She rings the produce up separately so she doesn't have to pay the 30% tax on it, as she's making no profit. No tax is charged to me, either. I was out of check blanks, and she said just bring one by! Wow! So, that's why we stopped there today before our hike, so I could pay up.

Then, John was craving some of his favorite mexican tacos, so we stopped at this little taco stand right by the park and he loaded up with tacos and a torta. Ohhhh, soooooo good! The boys played and munched and climbed trees, then we were on our way (finally!) to the mountains.
We ran into a ranger who gave us some maps/handouts with some great hiking trails. We'll be checking many of them out while we're here. It's only a 15 minute drive to the mountain; which is visible from our campground. In the dark, you can see the cars crawling and curling up and down the winding road. Very cool.

So, it's taken me a month to find my groove. That's ok. I'm missing home less and less, and enjoying where we are *now* more and more. It's all a journey.

We listened to Amy Steinberg's song many times today. The boys love it and kept asking to hear it again and again. Can do! I love it, too! It's amazingly beautiful and tender and powerful all at the same time.

I am exactly where I need to be,
I need to be exactly where I am,
I am a blessing manifest.


You must listen to it!

www.myspace.com/amysteinberg

5 comments:

Heidi Snavley said...

I have trouble once in a while uploading my pictures onto blogger too. What I do is go to ImageShack hosting and get the URL code and upload them that way. So far it has worked every time!

Heidi Snavley said...

I am glad you got your groove back too!! "It must be the moon" because it seems I have found mine too. I was gone for a few days and when I came back it felt good to come back to my charming house. Got to get to that place of acceptance I guess. Have a great time hiking!!

hahamommy said...

Tech help first :)
If the pictures are in your My Photos folder then all you need to do is click the little "add a photo" button (it's a square with a mtn on it) and a pop up window shows up and guides you through putting it in. If you want to move the picture from the top of your post to somewhere else in your blogpost, then click on the "Edit HTML" folder tab and you can highlight from the a to the /a (including the <>), hold the "ctrl" button and press x, to place it, hold the "ctrl" button and press v.
I'll gladly walk you thru it if you wanna call me :)
For me, when I use the url code in blogger, my pictures are always too big for the margins in my blog, the pop up window allows me to choose size and location for the pics.

hahamommy said...

Yay for Mtn hikes in December!! Yay for taco stands that somehow nourish your soul as much as your body!! Yay for free spirited children who provide us with the love, inspiration, wisdom and gratitude opportunities every single moment!! Yay for a daddy who not only loves his family but whom his family loves and wants to be with!! Yay for a wise mommy who saw that in him, long before the babies came along!! Yay for amazing friends who joyfully share our journey with us, sending love and peace our way!!
Thanks to the Universe for Who You Are, Miss Karen!! I love you!!

Sean Epperson said...

Guys,
On Saturdays there is a farmer's market down in Temecula you might want to check out while you are in our area.