February 24, 2009

... re-appearing...

We're still here, just had one of the most fun, crazy weekends running wild with other FOTR'ers (FamiliesOnTheRoad). If I were to try to include every detail, I could write a small book. The short of it goes something like this. Imagine 14 families (71 people total, 38 of these people are children) descending upon a southern california resort. There's a swimming pool, a beach, kayaks, nightly singing around the bonfire, drum circles, strumming guitars, loads of laughter, peaceful people, shiny children, glow sticks, pot lucks, and impromptu communal eating...

I really could go on, but what I'll remember most about this weekend is the *extraordinary* people that gathered here, more ~forever friends~... The children were interesting, funny, kind, compassionate. The teens inspire me to love me just the way I am (ya, there was a rockin' cool group of teens, here, TOO! I'm telling you, we had it *all*!)

It was our first FOTR rally, and we'll surely be seeking out others along the way. We're pulling out of Newport Dunes today, but continuing our own little rally of sorts, as we're traveling with a couple others families for the next couple weeks. Our tentative plan is to head to Oceanside Harbour today (cheap boondocking on beach), then on to Slab City, and then jog up to Joshua Tree. Promises to be a gooooood time! :)

I have lots of pictures from the weekend, they're just not on the lap top yet. I'll get some up the next time I can pull myself away from the fun long enough to do so.

Hope you're enjoying your life, wherever you may be...

3 comments:

Alex Polikowsky said...

Sounds like lots fo fun! Want to see pics!!

Heidi Snavley said...

Well, I left a comment and my computer blanked out so not sure if you got it:) The rally sounds perfect!! How wonderful! Tell the boys to climb a rock for Tristan. He LOVES Joshua Tree.

Kendra said...

where the heck are ya? i keep checkin in to get the updates, but nothin for awhile. sur your havin a great time.
peace & love,
k