March 29, 2011

On Listening

This past Sunday at fellowship, our lay leader shared with us a spoken word essay on life's themes and detachment.  It was lovely to listen to.  Who doesn't like to be still and listen to a good story?  John tells the kids stories all the time, (and I've heard the stories several times) but I sit and listen like it's the first time I've ever heard it. 

As I was cleaning up the kitchen today, a thought stumbled into my head:  just think of how much we miss out on, because we're too busy talking...or preparing to talk.  Listening is big.  Today, I will try to be a better listener. 

The spoken word essay was from this site  ::::   ~Listen Well~   From its homepage:  "offering once monthly, recorded pieces that speak to our need for individual awakening, and embrace the shared wisdom of all faiths..."

Can't wait to hear more, there are a whole list of archived pieces just calling my name.

No comments: