January 25, 2007

Just a Bit of Rambling Today

Yesterday, we went to a monthly homeschooling park day in Murrietta, about a 10 minute drive from here. Stone stayed here with Dad, for some 1 on 1 time, so it was just me, the big and the little. On our way, we stopped to drop off a Blockbuster DVD, and I noticed all their PS2 games were 50% off the ticketed price, so I picked up 3 for $24. Stone and I played Harry Potter Prisoner of Azkaban (sp?) and Kingdom of Hearts for a while before bed. We haven't tried out Haunted Mansion yet. Stone really enjoyed the skateboarding sequence in KOH.

Saylor will have to try them out today, as he opted for an impromptu overnighter with Maddy yesterday. So, I said goodbye to him at the park, and off they went to Maddy's for some creek play and hiking, no doubt! Of course, I always let him know if he changes his mind, to call me! Well, then I told Sue the same, and then realized...I won't have a car past 7:15. Sue, the gracious human being she is, assured me that she or Steve would bring him home if he needed that. I'll be going to get him sometime before 1 today, and then it's our laundry day, so that's on the agenda, as well. And a trip to Target for dog food and playdough...why, oh why can't I get EVERYTHING I need without multiple trips? Oy.

Heather came over last night to ask if we'd like to make her grandma's recipe for sugar cookies, just for fun. So, we'll be doing that sometime in the next day or two, as well. Sorry, thighs.

Saylor and Stone created some interesting hot glue gun sculptures yesterday using sticks and leaves. We've got a bird house design picked out from a library book that we'll be making before we take it back, using the hot glue guns, of course! They really are quite fun!

No comments: