January 30, 2007

Lazy Days 'Round Here

The past 2 days have been a bit overcast, which I'm rather enjoying. I love the seasons, all weather, to an extent. I like the changes, too much of anything tends to get old for me. Because of the possibility of rain, John has didn't work Monday night, and won't work tonight. Bitter sweet. Yes, it's wonderful to have him home, but $$$$? Trying to focus on the positive, so that will attract more positive!

Anyway, I did our laundry today, the kids have been hanging around watching their Looney Tunes and playing their PS2 a bit. Sage and I played hide and seek for a long time. Really, it was him in the chair, with me crouching behind it (that's where he told me to 'hide'.) Then, he'd start to peek over the top of the chair and I'd jump up, then he'd throw himself down into the chair, belly laughing along the way. Oh, and we ate a lot of chocolate chips!

John is down having coffee with a couple of the guys, Saylor is over visiting Heather, Stone is watching the ongoing antics between the Road Runner and Wylie Coyote, and Sage is sleeping.

I need to get some e-mails out to our legislators in an effort to further midwifery in South Dakota. As it is now, a CNM (certified nurse midwife) CAN attend your birth at home, but ONLY IF she has a signed collaborative agreement with a physician. Guess what? Not one doctor in South Dakota will sign such an agreement, so, the CNM's practice is greatly restricted because of this arbitrary and ridiculous law. We're hoping to get that changed. So, I'm signing off for now to get on my soap box!

Much love...

No comments: